CIOL Qualifications is a leading international Awarding Organisation for professional language qualifications. We seek to constantly improve all aspects of the quality of our processes and procedures in order for us to continue to offer qualifications of the highest standard backed by the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
To further ensure quality, we follow guidance issued by the UK’s Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), Qualifications Wales (QW) and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA).
The guidance we follow and the systems we employ are set out in our policies, which cover all aspects of assessment, quality assurance, our expectations of you and the candidate experience. Please visit our CIOLQ Policies section to read all CIOL Qualifications' policies and learn about the additional services we offer. Please direct all general enquiries about qualifications to email@example.com.
Endorsement and Authorship
We recognise that Assessment Associates (AAs) engage in other professional activities but discourage the inappropriate use of any relationship an assessor has with CIOLQ, in connection with any separate independent activity.
Some of our AAs may be published authors or may develop assessment and learning materials for other organisations. On rare occasions, we may contract the development of assessment material for our own purposes, for example when commissioning a subject matter expert to assist in content for a study guide.
But we will not formally endorse the developer or author of any resource without strict consideration of endorsement criteria and whether it presents a risk to the integrity of our qualifications.
Please refer to our full Endorsement and Authorship policy here.
- Certification and Replacement Certification Policy
Certification Replacement Application Form
- Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
- Contingency and Adverse Effects Policy
- Endorsement and Authorship Policy
- Enquiries, Compliments and Complaints Policy
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Exam Fees, Invoicing and Billing Policy
- Exam Invigilation and Procedures Policy
- Examiner Comments Policy
Examiner Comments Application Form
- GDPR and Data Breach Policy and Process
- Malpractice and Maladministration Policy
- Qualification Review Policy
- Qualifications Withdrawal Policy
- Reasonable Adjustments Policy
Reasonable Adjustments Application Form
- Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
- Review of Marking and Independent Review Appeals Policy
Stage 1: Review of Marking Application Form
Stage 2: Independent Review Application Form
- Special Consideration Policy
Special Consideration Application Form
- Total Qualification Time Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
Whistleblowing Policy Report Form